The Coventry Peace Park has had a positive impact on both Coventry residents and their business community. The accomplishments achieved at The Peace Park can be achieved at a park at Meadowbrook and Lee. What has been achieved at the Peace Park can be achieved at a park at Cedar and Lee.
- In Erick Kauffman’s article “Coventry P.E.A.C.E. Park is an essential community asset" He stated that: “Coventry park is a vital asset to Cleveland Heights. It is one of those things that makes Cleveland Heights— “Cleveland Heights.” Loss of the park would harm the soul of our community.” He goes on to say Coventry park is a stunning green space. Green space is vital to our well-being as individuals and as a community. “
- “Coventry P.E.A.C.E. board members envision the campus as a hub for community , an anchor for retail stores and restaurants”. They further state: “The park serves at times as a soccer and Frisbee field, a summer movie theater, an amphitheater for Shakespeare plays, a great sledding hill for little kids, a gathering place for a drum circle, a concert venue, a place for outdoor yoga classes, a reading garden for library patrons,
- It is a place to meet neighbors, a place to make friends and a place where one can just “be.” Per square foot it is the most-used ground in Cleveland Heights.”
- "The park and building draws people in people who bank, buy books, eat dinner, shop, and then want to live in our beloved Coventry neighborhood
- Last summer, during the pandemic, it offered a safe outdoor location for community prayer services and social justice events.
- The park is a home to community events such as their Juneteenth community BBQ. “We want to build on our community engagement by offering a space where the community can come out, meet Safer Heights, and engage with each other!”
Why is important to review the lists of the peace parks accomplishments in relationship to a park on Cedar and Lee? The reason is their settings are almost identical. Both the Coventry and Cedar Lee neighborhoods have identical business districts and similar resident needs. The same benefits of the Coventry Peace Park as achieved in the above statements will be achieved by a park at the corner of Meadowbrook and Lee. The future of this great space will depend on the involvement of engaged community I hope that you will be one of them.